Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Epic fail blogger and Austria 101

Sorry about my epic fail as a blogger, do forgive me blog.

So here I am in a little village in Austria pretending to be a design student. Lots of stories right? Eh yeah I guess.

Here's a little I have learned about Austria.

For one the trains and buses are always always on time, sometimes ever early!! And on evenings and Sundays they run with less frequency, so DO NOT miss your train. Or you will hate life. You will have to wait a minimum of 30 minutes.

Secondly, basically all business close around twelve for an hour or two everyday, because Hey they want a lunch break too! Nice for them, a pain in the butt for me.

Stores also close daily at about six or seven on weekdays, Saturday expect even shorter business hours and on Sunday don't expect anything to be open except a church. Which I guess is a good thing, but what if you really Really REALLY need something?

Three words: The Metric System.

Know your military time, 'cause that's what they use over here.

But hey if you are a fan of organic, fresh, quality made food this is the place to be. Everything here even the cheapo generic brands taste 15x's better than the American version.

More to come..hopefully. I gotta go party it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment